Europe’s Best Cities for Lovers
1) Paris, France – It is clichéd, but it is the city of love! Who wouldn’t want to kiss under the Eiffel Tower or to sip coffee along one of the numerous coffee shops?
Places of interest: Champs Elysse, Arc de Triomphe, Paris Opera
2) Amsterdam, the Netherlands – stroll along or dine beside the canals under the stars! It is also made famous by the Fault in our Stars book. You can also take a Lovers Canal cruise with your special someone.
Places of interest: Anne Frank’s house, Rijksmuseum, Vondelpark
3) Prague, Czech Republic – with its pretty historic buildings and cobblestone streets, this is one of the most charming places to go to in Europe.
Places of interest: Charles Bridge, Old Town, Prague Castle
4) Venice, Italy – Where Amal Alamuddin & George Clooney tied the knot recently. You can ride in a gondola with your loved one, have your gondolier serenade you, and kiss under the bridges you’ll pass underneath.
Places of interest: numerous piazzas, the Piazza Bridge, St Mark’s Basilica, St Mark’s Bell Tower.
5) Verona, Italy – See the famous balcony where Shakespeare supposedly set the love scene between Romeo & Juliet. Numerous love letters are written by women asking Juliet’s advice about their love life, or other love concerns and leaving it at the walls of the balcony.
Places of interest: Juliet’s House & Tomb, Veronica Cathedral.
6) Stratford-Upon- Avon, England – the home of Shakespeare, author of undying love story Romeo & Juliet. Who wouldn’t want to walk around the British countryside’s lush greens, with thatched roofed houses and see the Royal Shakespeare Theater?
Places of interest: Anne Hathaway’s House (Shakespeare’s wife) and Shakespeare’s Birthplace.
7) Rome, Italy – the eternal city. Have your loved one dress up as one of the Roman Gladiators and get him to protect you!
Places of interest: The Roman Coliseum, the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps.
8) Santorini, Greece- legendary sunsets to see with your love, with a backdrop of whitewashed houses, and steps, you can plan your wedding there, or just hang out at the beach.
Places of interest: go island hopping to Nea Kamini or Thirassia, not to mention the various beaches around the area!
9) Zermatt, Switzerland – a romantic winter destination, you can cuddle up with your loved one in a horse drawn carriage or just sit in your chalet, sipping hot chocolate.
Places of interest: winter sports, or seeing the Matterhorn,
10) Galešnjak, Croatia – it’s the most heart shaped island in the world! If that isn’t enough reason for you to go there for romance then where else can you go? It’s still being developed as a holiday or wedding destination so watch out for it.